Sunday, September 22, 2024

Back In July (the one that never got to you)

Sunset
No headlights 
Scattered clouds 
Light blue skies 
With my ruby red Love glasses on 
Clearer vision to the illusion 
I admit it 
My last poem about you was uncalled for 
Maybe, who knows 
I will do anything and everything for you, to not notice
Sometimes 
If it’s from U 
More subtle each time
Scenes of my favorite song at the moment with you in it
Would love to join but why would I be there 
I could be an unpaid “worker” if it meant I could get a glimpse
“Bring me my sandals and go light up the candles”
To familiar trees and greens surrounding you
About an hour and so out with traffic 
Something Mary & Joseph couldn’t say 
Only our Lord knows how crazy we are 
Hearing the same crickets outside 
The creatures that let us know it’s nighttime 
Tonight
The closest I’ve ever been to U, in the land of the living 
That I know of 
Meet with me when I decide to close my eyes
Hope you enjoy the rain while your here
Go to sleep 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back In July (the one that never got to you)

Sunset No headlights  Scattered clouds  Light blue skies  With my ruby red Love glasses on  Clearer vision to the illusion  I admit it  My l...