Wednesday, July 31, 2024

August

i hate August. 
for the past 4 years something unfortunate occurs on this God Forsaken month. 
From COVID; having to hear my mother's voice fade near into death's sweet embrace 
that fueled my months long drug binges;
summer flings that I took too serious coming to a close and the start of their hauntings; 
awkward family visits/vacations, caused by yours truly; 
to a long excruciating breakup that caused the sky to change forever. 
I got to see its last breaths. 
On the same day I got to see and feel God's empathy.
Just imagine what'll be of the world if another one of those were to happen... 
All started on August, luckily some stayed in August. 
August, a reminder to us all how time flies. 
August, Earth waking up to get some water, use the restroom and go back to sleep on her other side. 
But thank God He took my hate bone away. 
August, a reminder that better days are on their way, this time around. 
August, where I live, is a reminder to soon grab someone or something so you can keep warm. 
The kids going back to school. 
Chilled 1am winds. 
Heading towards to the towers that would remind me of one of my favorite bands every night.
Who would be next to me that night
Long waking hours in hell that funded and inspired my works/passions today. 
Surrounded by the money hungry freaks that keep this capitalist society happy on the daily.
I fit right in, you would think 
Regardless of my uneasy awkwardness that decides to embarrass me whenever it feels, blessed to be in the mist of a loving/supporting family. 
The entry fee of this August is at least 5 months worth of self-love & growth. 
You can get a discount, just tell the bouncer that I know/knew you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back In July (the one that never got to you)

Sunset No headlights  Scattered clouds  Light blue skies  With my ruby red Love glasses on  Clearer vision to the illusion  I admit it  My l...